Friday, May 21, 2010

Husband Rant

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! Why, oh, why, can't my husband wash the dishes? Is it too much to ask for one simple chore to be done in a timely manner? I'm 5 years older than my husband, which admittedly, is a huge part of many of our "quarrels". I've been there, done that , and he's just getting there-- I hope that makes some sense to you. He's still at college and I'm the bread-winner of the family. Not a big deal really.

At the beginning, I wanted him to be able to go to school and not worry about the house, so I did all the housework, and worked 40+ hours a week. Well, lets just say I got burnt out and became, unknowingly, angry at him because of it. When I finally realized this I asked him to pick up the chore of washing dishes. I know its not a lot, but trust me, it made a huge difference for me. This semesters finals came up and he was frantic with projects to do for his classes and studying. He asked me if I would mind doing the dishes until it was over, and I agreed because I know that finals can take a lot out of you. Well, finals are now over and he has not resumed his chore.

This past weekend we had quite a few dishes, and he did about half and decided to do the rest the next day-- it was late, I understood. The next day comes and a lot of stuff came up, so I understood that it wasn't going to get done that day-- fine. Tuesday comes around . . .dishes not done. Wednesday . . .work day for him, dishes not done. Thursday, again, not done. I'm fuming mad now.

I work late nights and when I get home at 3/4am I don't want to have to worry about the fucking chores. I guess the way I came in this morning he knew I was mad about something. He asked me, and I told him- "Yes, I'm mad. Its been 3 days and the fucking dishes still aren't done." I went about my business of winding down, and he chose to ignore me and haul his ass to bed. I realize this and ask him why he went to bed without even so much as a "good night", "sorry babe" or even a lovely "fuck you"? His answer- "I know you're mad and I don't want to make it worse." That I have to say is the funniest thing I've ever heard.(can you read the sarcasm in my text?) I'm not sure if he's realized this, but it just pissed me off even more that he didn't even have the balls to apologize to me.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. I would like to cook dinner, but I don't have any dishes to cook with. *Sigh* I may just let him fend for himself. I'm tired of having all the responsibility on my shoulders. I feel like the only member of our two-person family . . .I'm really, really sad about that.

No comments: